How can I run a business out of my home hiring independent…

How can I run a...
How can I run a business out of my home hiring independent contractors in Independence MO?
3/13/2018
Michael Bradley

did you talk to them about obtaining a special use permit?

Michael Bradley
No, I don't know about that kind of permit. I spoke with zoning and Business License workers and they both said home based businesses can't have hired help. I asked the zoning guy if I could rezone my property as commercial and he acted like it was a fat chance. It would be great if there were a way, maybe is this special use permit exists in Independence, to ask neighbors if they're ok with a couple extra cars showing up here and there and making it legal that way.
Phone call session started
By the way I am inside city limits but on a 3 acre parcel of land.

the website we talked about

https://www.ci.independence.mo.us/userdocs/finance/buslicensing/ResBusLicApplPac.pdf

below are the lawyers that we discussed

I suggest looking at the attorney's websites and set up a consultation

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/state-local-municipal-law/independence/missouri

https://attorneys.superlawyers.com/state-local-and-municipal/missouri/independence/