It looks like i've been scammed. Fly. They have a very good…

It looks like i've...

It looks like i've been scammed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Fly

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have a very good web page. they stayed in touch right up to where they had to deliver now they have gone dark

3/13/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Can you please share with me a little more about what happened?

i bought a rv from a person through a company in florida
they didn't deliver and won't talk to me

Where did you find them? On craigslist? How was the money sent?

Wired

Where did you find them?

Internet

Yes I understand that but what website? Did you ever see the RV?

No just photos

Yes, this was likely a scam and you want to call the police and report this and the attorney general in Florida as well, if you believe the seller was located there. If you wired money, you also want to speak with your bank and inform the authorities at this time. This should have never been done without seeing and inspecting the RV. There is no reason to trust a seller, unless you can verify that they are reputable. These scammers will often make up stories and tell you why they need to sell it and why the price is so low, etc etc and once they get your money they will disappear.

They are good at what they do

Yes, they are which is why you need to always perform your due diligence and not just trust strangers on the internet.

They have a street address can’t I just sue them?

Yes but if the police get involved and this is a theft and crime, the State can charge them and recover your money from you. If you think they are real and you want to sue them, you certainly can as well

I’m in ga should I go to Florida or can I get a lawyer in Miami to do it for me?
You should get an attorney to represent your legal interest and go after them. If you prevail you can likely recover your attorney fees from them
What is the best way to find one?
You can contact the Florida bar. Here is their link.https://www.floridabar.org/public/lrs/
Thanks a lot
You are welcome and glad I was able to assist. If you have not already I kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time. Thank you again!
LegalKnowledge, Attorney