I was given a non release report with my apartment I have…

I was given a...

I was given a non release report with my apartment I have been in since 2015

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Salinas CA 93905. I have no where else to live

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have only gotten regular notice to move items never an eviction. I alway pay my rent on Auto pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My dad just past away and he was on the lease with me I told them I would get a family member to release with me since he passed away and they said the non release notice was not because of my financials

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

By nonrelease are you referencing a notice to vacate?
My sympathies for the loss of your father as well.

I have attached the notice
It won’t attach

Thank you;

The site must be having difficulties but I can still get you the requested information.

A landlord may provide a notice to vacate when the tenant is in breach of the contract but this requires an opportunity to "cure" or remedy the situation;

otherwise the landlord can provide a 60 day notice to vacate (30 days if the tenancy was less than 1 year) for any reason so long as the reason is not illegal (ie discrimination) before the end of the lease.

I have not received a cure

If they are requesting to terminate based on the lease expiring or it being a month to month there is no requirement for a notice to cure-that is only required if a party is being asked to leave due to a breach of the lease.

this place has been mine and my four kids home - I can't really afford to move

Unfortunately if the lease is month to month or coming to an end the landlord may provide a 60 day notice to vacate for any reason so long as not illegal.

I believe it's related to them not fixing anything timely and they want to charge my deposit
I have many items listed for months they don't fix normal wear and tear

If the unit is not habitable due to the landlord's failure to maintain the tenant may have a cause of action for the difference in fair rental value as the landlord has an obligation to maintain the premises in a habitable manner. This is not normally deemed wear and tear issues but issues that pose a threat to well being such as water, heat, electricity, etc.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer