Can mediation be over turned if done under extreme duress?

Customer Question
Can mediation be over...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We signed an agreement at the mediation but nothing further

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We earned on Friday that Mediation was Monday morning and our attorney said if we didn't settle he was going to quit our case

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Mediated agreements, or any agreements, may be vacated if the court determines they are the result of fraud, duress, failure to disclose, etc.

If an attorney indicates they will withdraw from the case if a settlement is not reached that alone does not generally justify a defense of duress as the client is always free to hire a new attorney.

we were up against the date the mediation had to be done. There were only a few days to find an attorney to take the case and then take the necessary steps

If the mediation could not be continued due to a court ruling then that may give a basis for a duress challenge.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.