Me and my boyfriend that i have a child with..went to the…

Me and my boyfriend...

Me and my boyfriend that i have a child with..went to the store together and purchased lottery tickets .. I have store video ..well he hit 100,000 .which we always said we would split if each other won ..he signed the ticket .we went to lottery headquarters to claim it ..myself our 5 year old and him..took pictures holding the check ..then little over a week after that..hes gone ..is there aanything I can do ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No . Not yet ..i wanted to no if I can file something

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have the proof of us buying tickets from store video .. the store also gave me the receipts of tickets .. and I habe the pictures of us at lottery when he was claiming it

3/13/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

was the purchase a joint purchase?

Well actually on the footage of the video it shows me going in the store first ..he bullies me at the counter .so then I walked around counter to other side of store .where I was at counter first. Then he jumped in front of me again ..and bought the winning ticket ..which I thought didn't matter cause we always said we would split anything we won ..was going good ..we both along with our 5 year old son took the winning ticket to lottery headquarters and he claimed it ..we took pictures of the 3 of us holding check ..then about week later he's gone

Thank you;

so essentially the court may find a contract under 3 scenarios:

1. a written contract

2. an oral contract

3. an implied contract

For #2 and #3 the court will look to the circumstances to determine the parties' respective intent. So for example the court may determine since the parties were present both at the purchase and the redemption then the intent is joint ownership.

As such one can sue in civil court to recover the sums.

If the other party cannot be located in order to bring a breach of contract action, one can seek a court order authorizing service by publication (newspaper) and then the court may enter a default judgment, based on the assumption that the failure to respond means the party is not contesting the requested relief. The plaintiff may then take the judgment and use it to garnish wages, get a lien on a bank account, real property, etc.

Can you tell me what steps I would take to do that ? I don't think he got the money yet but anyday now ..he will .so what can I do or file myself ..to get a case going
Unless you would like to help me ..anything I win ..i would be more than happy to pay you

Unfortunately I am not permitted to obtain clients from this site; you may be able to hire a contingency fee attorney (the county bar has a referral service which may be helpful).

basically one would need to file a complaint in civil court alleging breach of contract; this is a custom drafted document so it is best to hire an attorney; they may even be able to file for an ex parte (emergency) request for the lottery to withhold disbursement until the case is resolved (an injunction) or to distribute the proceeds 50/50.

Ok thank you very much

You are most welcome;

good luck to you on this (and congratulations on the win as well!)

If no further questions kindly rate 5 stars -it helps my customer ranking!-thanks!

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer