I live temporarily at an apartment with a friend who has had…

Customer Question
I live temporarily at an...
I live temporarily at an apartment with a friend who has had a lease for 38 years at the same apartment complex. I have staying here for about 3 years. This is due to an ongoing divorce case which will be resolved soon. The tenant has recently been given a 7 day notice of eviction if I fail to fill out as an application as an occupant here. About a year ago I accepted guilty plea of uttering a bad check. In addition the judge added a grand theft charge to the charges. Both were classified as felonies. I am making monthly restitution payments to the victim and I am in excellent standing with my probation officer. The probation terminates automatically when the balance of the check is paid. I receive my mail here and have since 2015 and my DL lists this as my address and has since since 2015. My credit score is 780 and I can get a bond if needed. I have no violent crime in my history just a DUI and a misdemeanor trespassing violation at my previous residence requested by my ex-wife although I never entered the residence, just stood at the front door. What can do when I submit this application to maintain my status here?
Tim
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear you are having to deal with this.

The landlord is free to run a background check on a tenant/prospective tenant. If the tenant does not satisfactorily pass the background check that can result in the landlord terminating the lease.

It is possible to request a character reference from the probation officer, as well as one's employer, to help convince the landlord that the tenant does not pose a threat to the building/occupants.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer