I contracted a moving company to move my belongings to

I contracted a moving...

I contracted a moving company to move my belongings to another state. The company picked up my stuff on 2/26/18. The compnay was suppose to make delivery on 3/1/18. I have left numerous messages, spoke with numerous individuals, and received many excuses for no delivery. I also have attempted to file a claim with the company with no success. What do I do? I paid the deposit on a credit card, which I can file a dispute with my credit card. I paid the 2nd installment payment with a personal check, which they could not take a credit card at pick up.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

The pick up was in KY and delivery was suppose to be in NC. The moving company is in MD.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I spoke with claims and they said that dispatch is working on this. This is the same message I been receiving for over a week.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am working on a response to your question and should have that to you shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

I am sorry you are having this experience. Moving is stressful enough without this type of hassle. Given that the delivery of your property is nearly 2 weeks late, there are a couple of steps to consider. The first is continuing down the path you are already on and that is filing a claim with the moving company. In addition to ensuring a formal claim has been made through their process, a letter to them setting out the amounts you've paid and the estimated value of the property of yours they have could be sent to their main office. The letter should set out a clear deadline for delivery; state that any and all damage to the property while in the company's custody will be documented and a claim made for payment; that you expect some discount or return of the money paid for the move due to the delay; and that if the property is not delivered by the specified date, you will consider legal action. Sometimes just the threat of going outside their customer service will get you some priority attention. Also, I would contact your credit card company and explain the situation. They may tell you you only have two options, wait and see or go ahead and dispute the charges; or they may be able to at least make a note on your account so that if you do not get it resolved with the company you can call back to dispute and the note will be there showing due diligence. I would not formally dispute the charge at this point unless you get in a situation where payment on the card is due; you don't want to give the moving company a basis for claiming any right to hold your property (e.g., like nonpayment of moving fees). Send that letter by a method that is trackable so you can prove the date of receipt.

If you need anything further, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

Attorney Wendy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your guidance.

Best of luck and I hope you are able to quickly resolve this matter.

Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy, Lawyer