I have an idea of an exercise concept that I would like to…

Customer Question
I have an idea...

I have an idea of an exercise concept that I would like to pitch to a company like BeachBody, but do not want them to steal my idea or concept.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I just want to know the best way to protect this idea.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 5 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: The best way to protect an idea/concept when pitching it to another party is by having that party sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). An NDA will prevent the other party from disclosing the information you provide to anyone else and will prevent them from using it for themselves. An NDA is the standard document used by companies large and small to protect them during discussions. You can create a free NDA by clicking here.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.