My husband wants a divorce, he has all of our monies in his…

My husband wants a...

My husband wants a divorce, he has all of our monies in his name only, I am only the POD on all finacial. My name is ***** ***** home, my car and and four wheeler toy is in both our names. I need advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Colorado car is 2015, he had F150 2009

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm willing to settle for an amount, not half of everything, I am unable to work no income, can I get help or do I have to fight for everything, our home is worth about $225,000.00 and he has a vacant lot he bought at about $50k

3/13/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

in a divorce the court will divide property in an equitable manner which means just and fair-not necessarily equal; the court will consider these statutory factors:

http://www.lpdirect.net/casb/crs/14-10-113.html

Additionally the non/low income earning spouse may be awarded spousal support as well.

Please see that statute here:

http://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-14-domestic-matters/co-rev-st-sect-14-10-114.html

The parties may stipulate to a division and support or else the court will make a determination on what they deem appropriate.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

Great job

Thank you!

I appreciate that.

Enjoy the rest of your evening and take care.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer