Can I counter sue someone if they are sueing me for a car.

Customer Question
Can I counter sue...

Can I counter sue someone if they are sueing me for a car

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Carli 2007 cali

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Yes, a defendant in a civil suit may counter sue the plaintiff if they have a viable cause of action. This explains the process.

Here are instructions/explanations as well; while they are issued by one county they are applicable throughout the state:

http://www.scscourt.org/self_help/small_claims/defendant/small_claims_defendant.shtml

I want to file a counter sue on her for harassment as he used my son and grandmas pictures about of the court case for a car

The forms above would be applicable for counter suits.

also he refused to give me my license plates and drove around on in my car causing my unnecessary stress of me being lible while he retained the car
i dont need the forms I just want to know it this is a lieable reason of which i have the right to do

So the counter suit is for unauthorized use of a car? If so the party may sue for wear and tear and any damage to the vehicle.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.