In the state of California can a same sex partner be removed…

In the state of...

In the state of California can a same sex partner be removed from the birth certificate if she is not the biological mother. The child is 2

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The domestic partner is no formal probation for domestic violance

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can a retraining order be made against the domestic partner for threats of lying to the police to get the other person arrested?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Does this deal with a domestic partnership?(registered)?

I dont know
I am the biological grandmother

Thank you;

only the court may order the state to make a significant alteration to a birth certificate; so while the registrar may correct scrivener errors (typos) the party wishing to remove the named parent would need to petition the court for an appropriate order; please see:

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CHSI/Pages/Correcting-or-Amending-Vital-Records.aspx

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer