I am executor of my mother’s estate and one of my siblings…

Customer Question
Hello I am executor...

Hello I am executor of my mother’s estate and one of my siblings has taken the original will and giving it to a lawyer for review. However this review is slowing down my executive work on the estate. Is this an obstruction in me doing my job that I can file legally against my sibling?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I have to travel 355 miles from Virginia to New Jersey to take care of this business

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

I presume you are the named executor in the will?