Who pays for testing (X-rays) etc. for child abuse protocol…

Customer Question
Who pays for testing...

Who pays for testing (X-rays) etc. for child abuse protocol in Indiana? Child under 1 yr old has hairline fracture in leg and requires mandatory protocol.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing filed but before an orthopedic pediatrician can see him had to go through protocol.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are just wondering who pays for all the tests they have to perform?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
In general, it would be the responsibility of the family and/or insurance that the family has. The hospital does not "eat" the cost of the testing, if that's what you're asking.