I purchased a car for a friend n her boyfriend with them…

Customer Question
I purchased a car...

I purchased a car for a friend n her boyfriend with them promising me to pay me 200 a month and it's been 7 weeks and I keep getting the run around. She put the car in her mom's name can I ask a sheriff to go with me to get the keys and the title

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Iowa and it's a 99 mercury sable

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if I can legally go get the title n keys from her

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Lawyer: Andrew, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Says I received a message but can't find it

So sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately in order to get the Sheriff's help you will need to get a judgment first then ask the judge to issue a writ so that you can get the car back. I would include the mother in your suit as well because the car title is now in her name. You can sue in small claims in Iowa for up to $5,000. If the car is worth more than that you will have to sue in district court.

Did you have any other questions? If not please don't forget to rate me. 5 stars is appreciated. Thanks!

Were you able to see my response above?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I received it. Thank you for your help

Awesome! Did you have any other questions?

If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (5 stars is appreciated). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question. Thank you!

Hey I would really appreciate a rating I did my best to answer your question and you rating me is the only way I get credit for helping you on just answer. I would love to help out in the future as well if you have any issues. Ratings are at the top of the page. Thank you once again.

If more issues crop up please contact me! Here is the link to my profile:

https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-expert-andy/?rpt=3800

Ratings are at the top of the page! Good luck.

Hey would you mind giving me a rating. It only takes a few seconds. Just click the stars at the top of the page. Thanks.

Andrew
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer