I was the Director of Sales and Marketing for a national…

I was the Director...

I was the Director of Sales and Marketing for a national company and reported at the office from 9:00 am - til and the owners were in Florida and Arizona being absent from the office. I answered all the day to day stuff and was released without notice ...just not paid so I would dissapear.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I was not finished....they issued me a 1099 and not a w2 while I was clearly ( IRS definition) of an employee.....they tried to skirt the taxes and make me pay as a INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR... I am 70 and on SSI ...HOW DO i PROCEED?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Such as....?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really, just that others in the company were also given 1099 and were clearly asked to perform as 9-5 employees....

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. It's very hard for us to answer a question like "HOW DO i PROCEED" and provide you with helpful information. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

P. Simmons, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, my point is I am an employee based on the definition not a 1099. I am looking to not pay the IRS as I do not feel I was a INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR.
Phone call session started
P. Simmons, Attorney