Im dealing with two manipulative people that are husband and…

Second opinion] Im dealing with...
Second opinion] Im dealing with two manipulative people that are husband and wife and owns a family Home Health Business so they have plenty of money plus they are nurse. What is worse I work for them. I'm trying to quit and apply else where, but every time I do that they lie about my job resume so I won't get the job or if I tend to get the job they will find someone to bribe and pay them money to get me fired this has happened to once people help what can I do?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this.

There is what is called defamation- basically a false fact to a third party that results in economic harm to the plaintiff. The plaintiff may sue for damages that are reasonably foreseeable and proximately caused by the false fact that was published (released) to third parties.

If it goes to one's profession it is deemed de facto defamation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m afraid to sue cause they are US citizens and am not and I’m a legal immigrant. I work for their business. And my parents believes they won’t do such a thing to do this. They think it’s my own mistake for getting myself fired. What else can I do beside sue and sees and desees. This time I need proof to get back at them. Cause last time she questioned me did you show proof? This time I will? Is private investors be the best way while I’m on probation?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also would it be to talk to hiring manager about my situation after I signed the contract on my fist day? Or talk to HR? This talk won’t help at all? Cause they bribe people for money? And it’s Vegas, people will do anything for money.

If a third party will testify as to the defamatory statements made that may constitute proof.

A private investigator would be able to interview people and possibly locate a chain of payments showing the bribery.

Most employment contracts are at will so even if a party is hired either party may terminate the employment for any reason so as not illegal (ie discrimination).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m sorry I don’t quite understand. My comprehension it quite bad. So what is your best suggestion? Besides those? For manipulative people they won’t stop until they get what they want.

The best way to handle defamatory statements is to first send a cease and desist as that often works (some people will ignore them unless it comes from an attorney).

If that fails then the next step is suing for defamation and an injunction.

Please let me know if that makes sense!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How much will you charge me if I ask you do it for me. And I want them to stop and will if I do this will this create caos? My cousin is kind of close to my mom will tell my mom anything and I don’t want my parents to know. I want them to stay out of it.

Unfortunately per the terms of the site I am only permitted to provide information on this web page.

You can contact an attorney by seeking a referral from the county bar; many attorneys will charge a flat fee but prices fluctuate drastically so you should call and inquire as to rates.

Unfortunately unless the court issues a protective order a person is free to tell information to another person so long as it is not defamatory.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not that the reason why I’m asking for the price too cause I need I need a price quote for this that comes from a laywer so I know my expenses. Cause I lost my other job cause of them and I don’t want the future one to happen agsin. I want this stupid game done once and for all.

Each attorney can set their own prices; a flat fee may be in the range of $125-400 depending on the particular lawyer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks at least I thought it would be more than that. But I rather pay that than loose my job.

You are most welcome;

I certainly wish you the best on this as I understand how stressful this may be.

If no further questions kindly rate my services 5 stars to help with my customer satisfaction scores!

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer