I had a lawsuit my attorney said we need to take the

Customer Question
I had a lawsuit...

I had a lawsuit my attorney said we need to take the settlement, I didn’t agree with him but I said ok,I did not sign any paperwork is the suit over.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wva

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I know of.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They wanted to end the suit due to being a political subdivisions,It was a slip and fall on ice at a restaurant.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. No, the lawsuit would only be over with if you settle or go to trial. In this case, if you do not think it is in your best interest to settle and want to go to trial, you have that right and need to advise your attorney of the same. Until this is signed and agreed to by the parties, you can change your mind and should advise your attorney of the same today.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!