I owned a house that was foreclosed on in Arcata, California…

Customer Question
I owned a house...

I owned a house that was foreclosed on in Arcata, California in Humboldt County that was foreclosed on about 7 years ago. I want to file papers for an unlawful foreclosure. Since I do not know the Judge who signed the foreclosure papers back then nor was I ever given papers signed by a Judge, who would be the name of the Judge I would direct my papers to?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Is there a head Judge in the Humboldt courts who is responsible for this action?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nor yet. It is in California Humboldt County

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 month ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did you just learn of the foreclosure now, seven years later? What was illegal about what happened and unlawful?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

I am just trying to get an understanding of why you are coming back now, 7 years later?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My question is only about who is the name of the Judge I would address. No need to get into all the other details.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Because it was an unlawful foreclosure. It would take me a while to explain it, but I do not see the need. I only need the name of the Judge that I would address

Certainly. You can simply use the case number ***** the same heading that is on the previous order/judgment which you have. It is filed with the clerk of court and they will assign it to a judge, to hear now, if the previous judge is no longer sitting. You do not need to worry about the old Judge, as they will assign this to a new Judge in the division.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a head Judge in the Humboldt court system?

They do not have a specific Judge listed but you can contact the clerk of court to see if there is a Head Judge sitting in the county at this time. Here is the clerk of courts number.

• 707)(###) ###-####/li>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried calling that number before but no one ever answers the phone. I only get a recording. I called 6 times.

I would not worry about the head judge at this time and would focus on filing the motion, for the relief which you seek. As I shared, the case number ***** ***** the clerk will use and this will be assigned accordingly. When you appear to file, you can always leave the Judges name blank on your motion and hand write it is, before you file it. It will not be an issue if the previous judge who presided over this is no longer sitting.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do you get the case number. I never received any papers from anyone?

You can go online to the clerk of courts website and search your name and it would appear or speak with the clerk of court, in person.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will try online since I am in Bali, Indonesia now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But so you know the phone# ***** ***** answered

I do understand and online, is normally the quickest and easiest way to look up and case and the information about it. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney