My son has been deceased since 08. I found where a bond was…

My son has been...

My son has been deceased since 08. I found where a bond was posted for a felony in 99. He wasn't married at that time or a few yrs later. As his mother can I legally claim this bond money back

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

It was a felony in Indiana.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It was posted on unclaimed money

3/13/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
You'd need to find out whether those are HIS funds... as opposed to, for example, funds paid on his behalf (in which case the funds would technically go back to whoever paid them).

I'm pretty sure I posted the money. It has been almost 20 yrs ago.

Then all you need to do is find out where the funds are and ascertain whether they're yours.

Ok thank u very much

It's my pleasure! If you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Thanks for your rating!
And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking

HERE or https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800 or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Whoops... forgot to make the HERE link linkable... Here it is again: DIRECT LINK

I will do that. U have been very helpful and I really appreciate it. Thank u

My pleasure :) Good luck!