I'm a property manager, we have a very strict lease, l have…

Customer Question
I'm a property manager...

I'm a property manager, we have a very strict lease, l have a group of residents threaning to sue me, can this happen? How do l being to defend myself

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have filed lease violations and l am going to tell my supervisor what l overheard them saying lastnight

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They were interfering with a bed bug clean up, that's what this is about., they are angry because they are told to remove invested furniture to prepare for treatments

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 month ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Are you doing anything outside the scope of your employment? What is the issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am a property manager, l have been there 4 years, l have a small group of residents who have decided that they don't agree with the lease rules concerning bedbugs treatments. The addendum is very detailed and states if they keep furniture that has bugs in it we do not pay for the treatment and they are responsible for the fee. most so far have complied to the lease and thrown away furniture. This group forming now says this is not right and they want to sue me for the lost belongings of those past and present residents . I work for a corporation, l am still waiting for my supervisor to take them time to call me, l told her l was having problems last week. I don't want her to decide just to get rid of me....
I'm wondering if I'm worry for nothing, should quit in run with my 4 year track record or fight it out.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sorry l can't do the 50 at this time.

Thank you for the reply. That is an issue between them and the owner/landlord. As a property manager, it is your duty and responsibility to manage the properties and enforce the lease. This is not something you control, as the lease is not between you and them and is between them and the landlord. There is no basis to sue you or try and hold you liable if they do not agree to the lease. They signed it and agreed to it when they moved in, so if they have issues now, they need to deal with the owner and sue them. If they tried suing you, you could have a basis to dismiss the lawsuit against you, since you are not a party to this, unless of course you actually do something to create harm or promise them something or do something outisd the scope of your employment.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looks like you billed me any way

Who billed you? The site does charge a fee for its information. Phone calls are extra and that should not have been charged since you did accept it and you only should have been charged for what you agreed to pay.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I stated above that I could not do the extra charge at this time and you charge me anyway I would really love to get a refund for this since I did not agree to it
Sure. Customer service can assist.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney