I live in California, and wanted to know what the law is…

Hi! I live in...

Hi! I live in California, and wanted to know what the law is regarding my last paycheck

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was a little weird when I did give my notice since it was during my review. I gave a verbal two week notice on Wednesday and was asked to have Friday as my last day with no exit interview. That was almost three weeks ago. I haven’t received any final paperwork and have never been in this situation withany of my previous employers

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Are you saying that you are still waiting for a final paycheck for the hours you worked?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I received my final paycheck for that last Friday, but wanted to know about the two week notice period
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that up to the employer if he wants to pay or not, since he asked me to leave after two days

Unfortunately, yes. And it is quite common today. As a courtesy or through the company policy handbook, an employee would always give a two-week notice. However, mostly now, the employer will tell the employee that they can leave the same day or at the end of the week. An employer does not have to keep the employee on board and pay them for the two weeks.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks!

You are welcome!

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney