Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My mother is in a nursing home. My mom had a stroke at the

Customer Question

My mother is in a nursing home
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: My mom had a stroke at the brain and after that she was not in sound mine frame. So she was placed in a nursing home in Carthage,Tx. She live there for 2months. She was not coming around on here mine frame so I let her visit my sister in Wathena, Kansas for a couple of months to see if she would get stronger seeing her and my mom sister out in Kanasa. So soon as my mom came to visit my sister was ready to put her in a nursing home and did. But when she did that she put power attorney over her and had her to sign in while she was una aware of what she was signing. Now my mom wants to go home and she want let her because she's getting my momr social security check and using them for her advantage. She has never lived away in Kansas.she was born and raised in Texas, not she cry cause she wants to come home. What can I do to help my mom from her stupid daughter from hell.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: All the nursing home showed me was a do a power of attorney for Health Care decision paper with her signature on it and two witnesses
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can you please tell me what I need to do
Expert:  DamienJD replied 8 months ago.

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Expert:  DamienJD replied 8 months ago.

You mention that your Mother did not know what she was signing. Does she have the mental capacity to sign documents? Also, you mentioned that she lived in Texas and now is in a nursing home in Kansas. By chance, does she own a home in Texas? Also, how long has she been in Kansas?