I’m being sued for 52,000 for a car loan that was in my name…

I’m being sued for 52,000...
I’m being sued for 52,000 for a car loan that was in my name but it was my soon to be ex-husband’s vehicle. I tried to get the car back so I could turn it in but the police said I couldn’t because it was a marital asset??? He stripped the car down to nothing(I have pictures and also documents showing he was in possession of the vehicle and wouldn’t give it back) now I’m going for a MSJ hearing today and wanted to file a subpoena for deposition so they won’t rule on the MSJ because there’s more evidence that a jury can see and also he’s being deposed??? What do I do and how can he be held responsible???
3/13/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In the divorce proceeding you need to raise this issue in the divorce and make the divorce court give you additional marital property in the marital property award. If the car was his and loan was in your name, then it was marital property and you need to raise it in the divorce marital property case that he destroyed marital property and he should be made to pay you for what you have to pay to the loan company for the loan only in your name. The court can award you additional money or make him make payments to you or give you additional property from the marriage to compensate for the loan.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.