I'm having an ongoing issue with a contractor who won't

I'm having an ongoing...

I'm having an ongoing issue with a contractor who won't provide me with an actual scope of work completed. I've requested it several times and offered to pay him for work done but he won't budge.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

So I've withheld payment and he's filed a fraudulent lien in my opinion which has been released but now he's hired a personal injury lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

Colorado It's not a medical case

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The lien has been filed but also released and i got a letter from an attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is quite a bit more no

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/13/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question this evening. I'm attorney Bill following up on your request.

Do you have a copy of the letter filed and sent to you from the attorney ?

If this is a civil complaint you can deny their claim based upon the grounds that you had the lien removed and refused initial payment for failure to provide you with a bill and breach of contract.

You would need to set out your denials and can counterclaim for attorney's fees and any claim you might have against the contractor for breach of contract.

Looking forward to your follow up.

I'm an independent legal expert and get a credit after you leave positive feedback today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

I can't tell if the lien was removed by the contractor or by zlien. All I know is that is released. Yes I have a copy of the letter from his attorney.What does set out your denials mean?

Yes, I made a review offer to review the letter.

When served with a civil complaint you need to answer each complaint, by accepting or denying each allegation.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

It's not a civil complaint from a court. It reads as if the contractor wrote it himself and signed the attorneys name.
In other words, if the attorney files suit, he will knowingly be using misinformation

Well if it's not a court summons you need not reply or can issue a general denial.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill, thanks for everything so far. One more question.
I called his attorney and asked for an itemized statement of work performed by the contractor. He said he'll ask his client, but I have heard nothing back. After asking him, he stated "of course if I don't go back you know what this means?"
Cryptic answer, but why would an ambulance chaser take a case from a contractor with little proof of work?
hear not go
I called his attorney and asked for an itemized statement of work performed by the contractor. He said he'll ask his client, but I have heard nothing back. After asking him, he stated "of course if I don't hear back you know what this means?"
12 March 2018 11:06

An itemized statement is something that you can request and they will be obligated to present should they initiate a civil action otherwise, the only obligation is going be for taxation and consumer law requirements at this moment so they can continue to demand an amount of money pursuant to contract without necessarily giving you a full breakdown.

It would be a good start to reply in writing tot heir letter requesting this breakdown as there failure to supply you this would be shunned by a court should they initiate a civil bill in court.

Best

Attorney Bill