What can we do if a lady that was in our car club was

Customer Question
What can we do...

What can we do if a lady that was in our car club was suppose to get the non profit in the car clubs name and founders name but instead got it in her name and the car clubs name and she is no longer in the car club. She said she took the founders name off but not the clubs name so do we need to get another one if so how can we if she already has one with our car clubs name on it?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

California and how od is the car club/

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 day by:
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 5 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I still need an answer but I canceled my trial period with you guys so not sure if u can still give me an answer
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Sure go ahead thanks

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

Thanks so much for your considerable patience on this. Is the car club registered as an LLC?

She got an EIN number with stickycrew car club inc

I see. Ok,so you can always request with the IRS to get a new EIN and have that be the car club's new name. Thus, when you file your 2019 taxes, you can file under the new EIN. It's not uncommon for corporations to get new EINs if they sell or transfer ownership in some way. For the 2017 tax year, you should still file the taxes under the EIN that the other member started.

What other questions did you have for me regarding this?