Can an employee take legal action against the employer for…

Can an employee take legal...
Can an employee take legal action against the employer for not updating their tax info in payroll?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/14/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’d like to continue

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, the employee is ultimately liable for their tax payments and if the employer makes a mistake on taxes or does not update the taxes in payroll, the employee cannot sue the employer, all they can do is insist they correct the tax information into the future. This is because either way, the employee is still ultimately liable for taxes, whether paid by the employee direct or whether taken out of payroll by the employer.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney