Can i return a car i signed papers on within 3 days cause i…

Can i return a...

Can i return a car i signed papers on within 3 days cause i changed my mind. I cant afford the payments & they high pressured me into this.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I live in arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know for sure what you mean. The deal was done this past sat. I have not licensed it yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I went in for a used pickup I told them I could only do $300.00 payment & ended up with $450.00 & a new 2018 sentra I'm a single mother. I have tryed to talk with them & they wont answer the phone. I work two jobs & have 2 daughters. My dad was watching him when I called & he was sitting at his desk & wouldn't answer the phone.

3/13/2018
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

There is no 3 day right to cancel on vehicle purchases. While there is a 3 day right to cancel on certain transactions (like door to door sales), it does not apply to the sale of vehicles, regrettably. Some dealerships may offer their own cancellation policy, but that is not required. While I understand they used high pressure sales tactics, such means are not unlawful, and the law does not allow you to return a car because you've decided you no longer want it or can afford it. Your only remedy would be to try to work out something with the dealership.

I realize this is not what you want to hear, and I truly do wish I could tell you otherwise. However, I can only tell you what the law provides. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How could they get an approval from a bank for this when I only have a 500 credit score?

I apologize, you're asking me to speculate about something when I honestly cannot tell you that. Financing is not my area of expertise.

That said, I can say that most dealerships have relationships with numerous lenders, so while you may pay a higher rate then a person with better credit, there may have been at least one lender willing to offer the loan.

RobertJDFL, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks for your help. I guess we are screwed. you gave me what I needed to know.
RobertJDFL, Attorney