I believe i was a victim of some sort of internet fraud or…

Hi i believe i...

Hi i believe i was a victim of some sort of internet fraud or consumer fraud. I would like y

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

To kmow it i have a case

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No maam

3/13/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your consumer law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill addressing your question in relation to internet fraud. These frauds are investigated by the attorney general's office and you can file either a local police complaint or a complaint with the attorney general's office.

Their offices provide useful information on protecting you from further online fraud :

https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/frauds-and-scams

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/file-a-consumer-complaint

You would be entitled to sue the offending person in civil court in addition to any criminal action.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback and rating to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was locked out of my moneypak account. I looked for a contact number on the offical moneypak website but was unable to find one. I went to google and typed moneypak phone number. I clicked on the first link which gave me the phone number(###) ###-#### I called thw number. It rang once and went to playing music ad if i were on hold. Eventually a gentleman who ideniftied himself as michael answered. I told him i was trying to gain access to my account. He asked me if i was loading a moneypak to my card i said yes i am. He then said what is the moneypak number you are trying to load. I gave him the number and he asked for how much. I told him 50 . He then hung up abd would not answer when i called back. I then called from another number i asked he return my money. His voice then changed and he started arguing with me asking if i needed a blunt. I then hung up.

It seems that there is a common scam with these cards.

You should report the fraud after firstly checking your balance as I indicated previously.

https://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/07/31/popular-prepaid-money-card-opens-path-to-fraud-schemes/

I have opened up your call request to another lawyer making calls tonight.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer