In preparing a defence against a statement of claim issued…

In preparing a defence against...
In preparing a defence against a statement of claim issued via the local court small claims division, am I correct in only including the facts and not evidence. Evidence can be withheld until the pre trial review or for the hearing.?
I have been asked by the plaintiffs lawyer to particularise certain allegations as required by the Uniform Civil Procedure Rules, before the pre trial review and what they have asked for does amount to evidence.
Should I provide this ?
3/13/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
just a general response. You collect your evidence but do not include it.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you for your help.
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney