I have a civil judgement against me from the state. It was…

I have a civil...

I have a civil judgement against me from the state. It was placed for “deceptive trade practices” but in reality there really weren’t any. It’s a long story, but long story short, there is a list of people with ‘claims’ against me. One of the people I had no info of an order for so I asked the Attorney General to provide proof of the order before the judgment was placed because I believed it was fraudulent. I was rudely shutdown multiple times “if a complaint is on there then it exists!”. I was recently able to get in touch with this supposed person who filed the ‘complaint’ and he has no idea who I am, or about my business and claims he never filed anything against me, just like I had told them. They ended up placing the judgement with what I assumed and told them was a false claim anyway. Now that I have proof is there anything that I can do or is it too late because the judgement is already in place and had been for a while?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

RI

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes.

3/12/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Was the judgment issued on default?
Good. You may file a motion to vacate. Normally will be granted.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I can file a motion to vacate even though it’s been longer than 6 months?
but I would not delay. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
What does a motion to vacate do to the case?
Can remove the judgment and restore to allow defendant to defend!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Would they be held responsible for using false info in a claim against me? That’s my main concern.
you can ask for award of legal fees.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
In the motion, can a different judge be asked for? This judge used to work with the office who put the judgement against me.
it’s a conflict of interest.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What type of lawyer would I need for this?
Civil litigation. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Thank you for your help. I will rate you now.
Thanks!!