If my spouse wants to walk away and not pay the house we…

Hello, If my spouse...

Hello, If my spouse wants to walk away and not pay the house we have together, on our divorce can I request that he quit claim the property to me? and If so, do I prepare the quit claim deed? please advice. Thank you - Marivic

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Las Vegas, NV

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet, i have not done anything so far

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also he has not been living with me since Oct and only take the kids every weekend and I have not even asked for Child support either. I just want to make sure I cover all my bases before i file. Thank you.

3/12/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
That relief is reasonable and deed would issue after court orders it and court should make clear ex had no further claim to the property.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I file the divorce myself I can make it clear that I would like the property to be deeded to me? or will the court go ahead and make that order?
The court would decide but you have good basis for it!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
But if he doesnt want to sign the quit claim deed over, can the court order him to pay half of the mortgage? since both of our names are ***** ***** loan and I dont want to sell or refinance. I may not qualify for a refinance under my income at this time.
and since the home will be for the kids.
Ex cannot have it both ways!
even child support and half of the mortgage can be included as well?
often court will encourage agreement on these issues!Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
okay sounds good, Thank you so much for your help!! I appreciate it ;)
Thanks! Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.