Do I have legal rights to a house that started out on a

Customer Question
Do I have legal...

Do I have legal rights to a house that started out on a lease contract with my husband and I paid money down and had interest in it and then AM he paid it off and put it in his name to I still have rights to it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes when he went to pay it ofg he told them to put it in his name only

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I paid 10,000 down payment alone plus 42,000 during lease

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 month ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Were you on the lease the own contract also? Did all this happen while you were married?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have common law marrage..8 yrs. When first contracted to a lease with 10,000 down him and myself were both on papers
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I plan on filing for a common law divorce
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
Thank you. If that is the case you should have a legal right and interest to it. The fact that he lied and acted in bad faith and told them to not place you on title with him would not prevent you from sharing in the home when you file for divorce. If you put money down and contributed to the payments you would have a legal right and interest in it.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney