I'm thinking of buying a small handgun for self defense and…

I'm thinking of buying a...
I'm thinking of buying a small handgun for self defense and putting it into a safety deposit box at the bank. Is that legal? Thanks.
3/12/2018
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

It is not illegal to store a hand gun in a safe deposit box, however most banks have rules against it along with drugs, alcohol, explosives etc. You will need to check with the bank and see what their policy is.

I believe this answers your question! Please accept and rate my answer. 5 stars is appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer
Thanks.