My son 30 years old died while having surgery. Which avenue…

Customer Question
My son 30 years...

My son 30 years old died while having surgery. Which avenue is the right way to get answers wrongful death or Malpractice. I am a nurse and think mistakes were made in the OR.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

Pennsylvania and I have part of the records still waiting on the autopsy and complete records.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not at this time. He just died on February 8th. Autopsy report they told us would take 60 working days and it was done on the 9th.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can give you the sequence of events if that would help.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I am so sorry this happened. Normally malpractice counsel would handle on commission.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
I should concentrate on Malpractice attorneys. Should they have any specific expertise to look at like types of cases e.g. orthopedic vs cardiology vs. surgical?
I think I will check the two sources you suggested first and contact you again if I need guidance.
Medical malpractice and wrongful death.Contact me any time.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”