Bless your heart I am in serious need of legal information…

Customer Question
Bless your heart I...

Bless your heart I am in serious need of legal information for a small claims in Rock Hill, SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I went to file small claims today but didn't have all the info paid to get City Tax info and cost and copy of small claimes filing procedures

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This personal I am renting a house from is harassing me (ie...opening personal mail) showing my room for rent not accepting fees of work and property that was sold to her and services completed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Rock Hill, SC

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/12/2018
Lawyer: Sean K, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

It appears that you want to file a small claims action in Rock Hill, SC. How can I assist you with information related to that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have paid and searched property info and business info and address! belongs to a LLC Corporation! Verbal promises and services and where to be included with rental payments. Private mail was invaded as well as harassment at the location as well as entry to my personal space. I just recently moved here 2/2/18 and has requested for full payment of rental fees. with out services or purchased items! I just moved here and cant afford to move immediately! Promises of cleaning and purchases where not honored! Living and daily harassment via text and have pictures to prove of conditions that where promised to be completed.

Is the concern that the person you want to sue hiding behind an LLC and you are not sure who to sue? Or is it that the landlord is harassing and you need this to stop.

Or - is it both? I ask because I want to make sure I provide the best information for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's the owner of the LLC have full name and lives on property

So the owner is harassing you, the property is owned by an LLC, but you have the name of the owner of the LLC. Is that correct? If it is then the law suit would be filed against the owner and the LLC just to make sure everyone is named that needs to be. Then in the lawsuit, you would set out everything that has happened and what you want the Court to do. If say for instance you want them to abide by a specific provision of the lease and have then restrained from bothering you, that is what you would ask for. That would be filed and on the day of Court you would testify to this and bring any witnesses you may have. The Defendant would be able to present testimony and then when done, the Court would make a decision and issue any orders that were necessary.

Tina, Lawyer