My dad is trying to look out me. He wants sign house/truck…

My dad is trying...

My dad is trying to look out me. He wants sign house/truck on "ladybird title" to me. 1st husb military married 6yrs 9mos. I'd like a legal separation from 2nd husb married 31yrs. He is SS/Military retired. Missed 10yr cut off by 7mos for military benefits/he deined "Sp retire pay" upon death. I can't deal with a alcoholic anymore. I'm on Disability, can't lose TriCare. How can I get my name off mortgage/title. If I'm removed, can the Co still come take all assets in my name? Can we have legal binding contract between us. He keeps the house in Va.in his name. I keep my house in Mi. No owner rights to each others home? Separate lives/homes.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

My dad's house/truck-2007 in Mi. Currently husb/my residence is Va.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it..thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. How can you get your name of what mortgage/title?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Husb/I have home in Va. Mortgage/title in both r names.

THanks

So why are you not pursuing divorce? You are married, no? This is something for a judge, in a divorce hearing, to decide...is there a reason you are not going that route?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm disabled
On SS medical disability. Can't lose my Medical. Husb mil retired married 9yrs 5mos then. Missed cut off of mil benefits by 7mos.

Thanks
The only way to get "off" the mortgage is if the lender agrees...and generally speaking, they will NOT agree unless/until you sell the home. So if you are not planning on selling the home? Getting off the mortgage is a potential issue and most likely not possible. YOu can request this to the lender...but they will likely tell you no.

That said, you could enter into an agreement with your spouse (a legal separation agreement) and assign rights/duties for the both of you...basically you figure out who must pay what, have a lawyer type it up for you, both of you sign it and it is enforceable as a contract.

So that may help you accomplish what you are seeking

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thank U!

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Attorney
P. Simmons, Attorney