Can a case that is under investigation be dismissed? There…

Can a case that is...
Can a case that is under investigation be dismissed? There hasn’t been any charges or arrest made, only investigation.
3/12/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Dismissal actually refers to the process where the court dismisses (rejects) the case based on failure to present a prima facie case and is usually the result of a motion filed by the defense.

The local law enforcement division may determine to not pursue charges if the preliminary investigation indicates there is insufficient evidence, unwilling witnesses, etc.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are most welcome;

thank you and take care.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer