I am a high school teacher who's student attempted an

Customer Question
I am a high...

I am a high school teacher who's student attempted an aggravated sexual assault on Nov. 28, 2017. I reported the incident immediately to Goose Creek ISD police officer and administartor of the school the same day.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Baytown Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No incident report was done and no police report or case number ***** generated until last March 5, 2018. After numerous attempts and threats this kid has been making to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/12/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What is the question that you wish to ask about this situation?

I am a teacher who is has been working in a hostile, harassment work environment. On Nov. 28. 2017 my student attempted an aggravated sexual assault on me in my classroom. He was the las one to leave and got up walked to the door of the classroom on his way out and turn towards me and then locked the door and approached me while I was sitting at my desk and told me that he I make his dick hard and he wanted to f**k me and take him some pussy. As I tried to get up from my desk, he grabbed my right arm and hit it on the desk and I started hollering and kicking until he let me loose and left the classroom. I immediately reported to the Goose Creek Isd police officers and the administrator of the school the same day.
As to my knowledge, I did a follow up on the incident to see what was going to take place and as of March 5, 2018 calling and going to the police department no one would help me until that day after I stated, " I am not going another day without a case number. The police office Gilliam's, sergeant informed me that he was very sorry that nothing done about that incident and that Officer Gilliam didn't file an incident report in writing.
Sergeant Napoleon Alfaro, stated, “If my attorney needs any information or report please email him at***@******.***.
Right after I spoked with Alfaro, I contacted the DA office and spoken with Mrs. Leah and she was very upset as well because they f-up and now they are trying to cover it up.
I fear for my life because on March 3, 2018 my 2nd period student who is good a very good friend of the kid you assaulted me, was caught at school with a loaded 40 caliber handgun on school campus. The student had the gun strapped to his stomach with a gun holster, one magazine and extra bullets.
I have been written up, singled out, discriminated on my disability, and a victim of harassment. I have filed a written complaint to the head principal and the superintendent only to be retaliated against and now I am out on Temporary Disability due to PTSD- viciousness and unable to focus that basically has left me with little to no belief in my professional skills, fear for my life, nightmares, migraines, insomnia, anxiety, server depression, unable to hold urine and bowel.
Please Help Me Someone!

I'm sorry to hear all of your difficulties. I'm afraid, however, that the matter encompasses several areas of law, not all of which are my expertise. I will opt out of this so that someone versed not only in criminal but in various areas of civil law can give you a better answer.

Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Failure to make a police report as indicated is a severe rule violation which is grounds for you to contact the department's internal affairs division and file a complaint against the officer. In addition to an internal affairs complaint, you have a right to sue the department and officer for negligence, since this can be deemed gross negligence, but to sue you also have to prove damages from him not taking a report.

If you can prove the inaction of the police did in fact cause you this harm, you could sue the officer and department for the failure to take action.

In addition, you need to get everything to the DA to seek to get them to take up the case.

You also need to file a workers compensation claim, because this is a work related injury and you have to collect that under workers compensation from your employer and if the student's family has any money you can sue him for the assault.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.