How would I go about filing for a Doe Subpoena in Small

Customer Question
How would I go...

How would I go about filing for a Doe Subpoena in Small Claims Court? I am in Georgia? I know, I have to file suit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

What are you referring to as "Doe Subpoena?"

Thank you for your cooperation.

I thought "Doe Subpoena" was a pretty strait forward legal term. Sorry.I am trying to identify the identity of an individual who committed libel againnst me. It cost me my job. Ganna sue said individual for libel. Thing the accusation was done via text .Gonna subpoena Uber to get this individuals identify.
I was an Uber If If an the individual accused me of in Uber's words "driving "impaired" Don't know the specifics alledged.Damages would be easy to prove.I plan to prove by the standard of preponderance of the evidence I was sober by a. My driving record (presuming the judge finds that relevant), if the accused specified a drug such as marijuana that stays in the blood - a drug test, and by calling other riders as witnesses who rode with me around the same time. I'm talking people who were in my car minutes before and after the defendent was in my presence.
Correcting some typos.I think the complaint was done instead of phone. Hence , libel instead of slanderAlso, Uber does give the option of calling an emergency response line for an emergency. I would ask the defendent why, he/she did nit call if I was really a dangerUber said I was accused of "impaired driving" Don't know the specifics.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am sorry, but I am not able to find proper sample subpoena for you to use to subpoena Uber to release the identity of the person who defamed you. However, here are general subpoena forms from Georgia for witness appearance and production of evidence:

http://www.gaclerks.org/council/ResourceCenter/Files/Subpoenas/SUBPOENA%20ISSUED%20BY%20ATTORNEY%20for%20Witness%20-%20blank%20pdf%20form.pdf

http://www.gaclerks.org/council/ResourceCenter/Files/Subpoenas/SUBPOENA%20ISSUED%20BY%20ATTORNEY%20for%20Production%20of%20Evidence%20-%20blank%20pdf%20form.pdf

These are Attorney Subpoena forms. Contact the Clerk's office for general Subpoena forms.

Let me know if the forms are useful.

Goodluck with your case,

Your intent this whole time was just to suggest a form? And then I had to explain to you what Doe subpeona is?