Can a landlord evict a tenant for another tenant willing too…

Customer Question
Can a landlord evict...

Can a landlord evict a tenant for another tenant willing too pay higher rent

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Massachussetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Michael Bradley

the short answer is no...the long answer is maybe

Assuming that there is a current lease, when does it expire?

it was a month too month lease

then the landlord can properly terminate the lease and in essence can charge whatever they want

as long as they are following the terms of the lease they can charge what the market is willing to pay

you can talk to landlord to see if a compromise can be made regarding the rent