I am in Indiana. My son has a suspended license and was

I am in Indiana...

I am in Indiana. My son has a suspended license and was involved in accident on March 8. It was my vehicle, I am his father. There is an exclusion in the American Family auto policy about drivers with suspended license. He hit the back of another vehicle who pulled in front of him. Will the insurance company deny the claim?

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. I have filed a claim. He received a ticket.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there a charge for this service?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

The insurance company is trying to call. I also need to get my debit card so I will get back to you. What will the total be? And thank you so much.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Michael Bradley

did he have permission to drive?

Is this an extra 59$.

I would submit the claim but they could deny coverage if there is a rider preventing suspended licensed drivers from their insured cars

they did not really care who was at fault, even though it appears that the other driver was at fault

you have already paid everything for us to talk

the 59 is for a phone call which is up to you

Would it make a difference if he did not have permission? What do you mean by your last statement? “They did not care who is at fault”

if he did not have permission then they would want the police to know that someone took the vehicle without permission

they would probably cover the loss and go after your son to pay for the damage and try to get a traffic citation issued

the second part is that the insurance company will not cover the loss whether or not he was at fault

for example it would be the same if someone was driving drunk stopped at a red light and someone hits him from behind

the other driver was 100% at fault but the drunk driver will still be charged with DUI

Ok. I appreciate the info. I have to make a recorded statement to the insurance company. Any idea how I should approach the permission issue. Thanks again.

if he was given permission then you would have to say that

if you say that he did not have permission then they will have sign sign an affidavit and that could lead to him being cited

Ok. One more item. I learned that he was cited at the scene for suspended license. I’m going to assume they have this information? Can they choose to pay the claim ? I realize this is hard to answer and I really appreciate your time.

they can decide to pay the claim but if there is language in the policy that precludes coverage if a driver is on a suspended license

I would assume they will not cover the claim

Good luck to you! You can come back here free of charge after I'm rated for a follow-up question.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. That includes looking for lawyers. I’m happy to do so! I’m here most of the time (usually at night!) so you can always come back and talk to me (no extra charge) after I’m rated. If I’m not here, I will get an email if you leave me a question.

Please accept my answer, and please rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars (5, 4 or 3 stars, 5 stars would be much appreciated as I ALWAYS strive to give you 5 star service!). This can be found AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information such as where to find lawyers. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. I have given you the benefit of my legal knowledge and 25 years of experience as well as my time. My statistics show that almost 100% of my customers here have been extremely satisfied with my answers as I am always truthful and thorough. The majority of my ratings, by far, have been 5s, which is extremely important to me.

Feel free to come back here for a follow-up question based on this one.
You're welcome to ask follow-up questions at any time, any day after I'm rated, free of charge.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you! I'd rather be given the chance to add more information than be rated negatively, so I thank you for that.

If you want to ask for me specifically another time -- for a new question -- ask for "Michael Bradley ONLY" and I will get the question. Otherwise you can come right back into this room for follow-ups, free of charge.

Best of luck to you and thank you for letting me help you today! Thanks in advance for rating me!

I strive for 5 star service every time, so if there's anything else I can do to earn that, I'm happy to do so.

Michael Bradley