I wish to bring suite against a company in for theft and…

I wish to bring...

I wish to bring suite against a company in for theft and damages.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in Kentucky, but the company I wish to sue is in Houston.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I don't know what has to be done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The company did services for me then double charged me for them I have tried to get the money bak by talking with them, but to no avail.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about this situation.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract on the grounds that the company agreed to accept a certain amount of money, but then charged more. Theft would not be appropriate unless they intentionally took personal property from you. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer