My son's ex girlfriends mother has his personal belongings…

My son's ex girlfriends...

My son's ex girlfriends mother has his personal belongings and won't release them. The ex-girlfriend will not answer my emails in regards ***** ***** to get his stuff. They had there belongings in storage. She came back from alta And emptied out the storage. in Dec. They broke up and she says he owes for the storage unit. She will not respond on how to settle this and my son just wants his stuff. What can he do.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

His belongings are in Port Alberta bc

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not as yet. We do not know the steps to take

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have been together for 6 years. She never paid rent for 4 months when living together. She emailed transfered the storage fees and I paid them. Some months I paid on my son's behalf.

3/12/2018
Michael Bradley

what is the value of the stuff?

Probably under 5000.
He has clothes tools personal momentos

if they are not willing to return his stuff then you may have to sue them in small claims court for the value of the stuff

that may be enough to get them to resolve this as it is truly petty

small claims is really like the people's court or judge judy

you can do this without an attorney

the link below can help you with the process

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/justice/courthouse-services/small-claims

I know it is petty. He just wants his stuff so he can move on. Should i try messaging her again and let her know that we will have to take the next stepif this can not be resolved

it is ALWAYS best to settle these types of situations without court intervention

especially breakups such as this

I would again try to throw out an olive branch to see if it can be resolved as that is best

hopefully cooler heads will prevail

maybe get her mother involved?

Okay thanks

Good luck to you! You can come back here free of charge after I'm rated for a follow-up question.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. That includes looking for lawyers. I’m happy to do so! I’m here most of the time (usually at night!) so you can always come back and talk to me (no extra charge) after I’m rated. If I’m not here, I will get an email if you leave me a question.

Please accept my answer, and please rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars (5, 4 or 3 stars, 5 stars would be much appreciated as I ALWAYS strive to give you 5 star service!). This can be found AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information such as where to find lawyers. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. I have given you the benefit of my legal knowledge and 25 years of experience as well as my time. My statistics show that almost 100% of my customers here have been extremely satisfied with my answers as I am always truthful and thorough. The majority of my ratings, by far, have been 5s, which is extremely important to me.

Feel free to come back here for a follow-up question based on this one.
You're welcome to ask follow-up questions at any time, any day after I'm rated, free of charge.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you! I'd rather be given the chance to add more information than be rated negatively, so I thank you for that.

If you want to ask for me specifically another time -- for a new question -- ask for "Michael Bradley ONLY" and I will get the question. Otherwise you can come right back into this room for follow-ups, free of charge.

Best of luck to you and thank you for letting me help you today! Thanks in advance for rating me!

I strive for 5 star service every time, so if there's anything else I can do to earn that, I'm happy to do so.

Michael Bradley

thank you

good luck