Tina, I have been subpoenaed in to court as a witness for a…

Customer Question
Hello Tina, Lawyer's Assistant:...

Hello Tina,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I have been subpoenaed in to court as a witness for a workmenscomp case. I'm wondering what I should bring with me to be prepared. Is there a way I could phone you or visa versa since it goes in depth please?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am an employer of a small janitorial service.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. Generally, there isn't much that you need to bring as a witness. If there were specific things you needed to bring with you or produce in court, it would have said as much in the subpoena.

Could I trouble you to phone me please?

If you absolutely cannot physically make it there, then you must call the court and ask if you can appear as a witness either over the telephone or some other communication. The court has to approve this request and if they don't, you have to show up physically, in person to provide your testimony.

I would love to have a phone call with you. It's $60, but it's often of extreme value to the thousands of people I've worked with. You should get a request for it soon automatically by the system and you can accept the request:-)

no thank you. How do I cancel payment? I would like to cancel at this time please.

Oh, it's no problem. You haven't been charged for a call. Did you get a chance to see the answer to your question? Did you have any follow up questions to that?

How do I cancel? I would like to cancel at this time please
Please cancel

You can always contact Just Answer’s Customer Care team by clicking here or calling them at 1-***-***-**** to cancel.