Truck Driver/Friend who worked for me offered to park my…

Truck Driver/Friend who worked...

Truck Driver/Friend who worked for me offered to park my equipment on his property when I went out of business in 2016. He further offered to clean trucks and park them up front for sale. I agreed to pay him a $500 for doing this but he never did. Now he sends me a letter saying I owe him $30,000 for storage

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just this letter from some legal group

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No contract just friendly agreement

3/12/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If he volunteered to store your trucks and never gave you a notice to remove them before charging you a storage fee, then he has no basis for charging the fees. If there was no written agreement to prove you agreed to pay storage, you need to tell him there was no storage agreement and as such you demand the return of your equipment. If he refuses to return the equipment and continues to demand storage, then you have to file a civil suit in court for "replevin" which is the common law lawsuit for "return of property."

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I'm disabled/retired don't have I phone call me
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Did you have any follow up questions?

I have not received any answer about how I should handle this situation.

Yes, you have received an answer as to how to handle the situation, it appears above, perhaps you missed it and I will copy and paste it below:

If you have any follow up questions, please ask them.

Ok I'm sorry... Dumb old disabled/retired guy found it. Electronics not my game. Again I apolagize