I am paid up until the 15th of this month. The landlord has…

I am paid up...

I am paid up until the 15th of this month. The landlord has be harassing me since the first part of the month about getting out. First he said i was making him angry. He said he is going to charge me a 100.00 dollars a day until we move, said he was going to hold my deposit if I dont do this, and he said he was coming in on the 17th to start tearing up the carpet even if we are still there. I have all this as prove on my voice mail that he left. We have a lease signed and can move into our new place on the first of April, I offered to pay him 2 weeks rent for the 2 weeks longer we will be here, he refused he wants the 100 a day. He gave me a verbal we need to be out, but asked for 2 more weeks, but he never gave us a written notice to move.Please I need to know my rights on what I can do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No we are paid up until the 15

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That we have been trying to get out sooner, but this is the soonest we can get out. And we do have a signed lease and i told him that, he didnt care

3/12/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Need to know my rights as soon as possuble please

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also can he just come in the house without my permission or when i am not home. Or come in and start doing work on the house while we are still living here.

Hi, I'm a slow typist so I'll be with you ASAP:-)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
55357;� ok

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I don't think what the landlord is doing is legal. This appears to be a violation of the implied covenant (promise) of quiet enjoyment. All residential leases and rental agreements contain an implied covenant of quiet enjoyment and the violation of which could result in damages awarded to you by a court. Under the implied covenant of quiet enjoyment, it states that the landlord will not take any action or make any omission which disturbs a tenant’s right to possession and quiet enjoyment of the premises. The warranty does not protect the tenant from the acts of third parties over whom the landlord has no control. However, if the landlord does have control over the situation, but chooses to do nothing, then it is a violation. To help facilitate the situation, you may want to consider just writing a letter detailing the problems and demand that they rectify this situation or you will move off the property and not pay any rent thereafter as allowed by law. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

The bot***** *****ne is what he is doing is against the law and you should do what you can to keep him out or take advantage of your legal remedies.

Did you have any other questions for me about this today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
does it change if we are month to month and not on a lease any more. And how lone if he tries to evict us will it take him to get us out?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hopefully we can be out before he can do anything

It doesn't matter if you're month to month; the same rules apply. How long it may take for an eviction depends on a) how long he gives you and b) whether you're ready to actually move. He has to give you at least 30 days to move out. If you couldn't find a place in that length of time, then you can stay and he can't lock you out or turn off the water/heat. This is called a self-help eviction and it is illegal. He would have to go to court and actually sue you before he can physically remove you from the property.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much I really appreciate everything

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you I did and I sure will

Thanks so so much!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer