My fiance lives in Mississippi and I currently live in

Customer Question
My fiance lives in...

My fiance lives in Mississippi and I currently live in Colorado, having to take care of an elderly family member. When I moved out here my now-fiance was on probation for a 5 year timespan. He served a year and a half and violated right before I came out to visit. When he went to court they basically told him they were starting his time over, but did not give him any new paperwork. He has now served over half of his time and qualifies for something in Mississippi called a 30 for 30. Supposedly for every 30 days you do not violate you have 30-days taken off of your sentence, so should he be off probation by now? Every time he tries getting answers on it or tries to get the process to transfer out here so we can get married, they change his PO office on him. Now they switched him to reporting to the PO every three months, so now he will get even less answers because he will see them less. We don't know what to do or how to get him out here so we can move on with our lives.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We are not sure how to go about doing that, it just seems like every time he asks his PO about these process he just keeps getting the run around

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is about it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/12/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley

does he have an attorney?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No he had a public defender and currently does not have an attorney.

unfortunately for him to get answers he will probably have to hire a private attorney to help him

I have heard countless stories of people having issues and a private attorney was able to help

Tina, Lawyer