I have a rental property in Tarrant County that the tenants…

I have a rental...

I have a rental property in Tarrant County that the tenants essentially ruined. It turns out that my property management company had not been doing inspections and because of that, I am dealing with over $16,000 in rehab bills. I am trying to explore my options.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas, Tarrant County, Arlington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported it to the property manager and even tried to file a vandalism claim with my insurance carrier. The claim was denied due to the damage being caused by a tenant.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that should suffice for now

3/12/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Did you see my prior chat messages?
Phone call session started

Calling now.

Broker is not responsible or liable in any manner for personal injury to any person or for loss or damage to any person’s
property resulting from any act or omission not caused solely by Broker’s gross negligence, including injuries or damages
caused by: (i) other parties including, but not limited to, other brokers, their associates, inspectors, appraisers, prospective
tenants and vendors who access the Property; (ii) acts of tenants or other parties (for example, vandalism, theft, or other
criminal or intentional acts); (iii) freezing or leaking water pipes; (iv) a dangerous condition or environmental condition on
the Property (including, but not limited to mold); or (v) the Property’s non-compliance with any laws.

Thanks again for the call!