Contractor verbally agreed to do work ; they did not

complete can a get a...
Contractor verbally agreed to do work ; they did not complete can a get a judgment
3/12/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Thanks so much for requesting me! The answer to your question is yes, you can get a judgment if they failed to uphold the terms of your agreement.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Is i crime to do home REALT’s witout I licensed
is it a crime to do home repair for a fee without a license

You know, it usually depends on the type of work and the cost of the work as well. Accordingly, you may have to speak with the licensing board in your state to find out for sure after you describe it to them. For example, in Arizona, it's legal to do some contracting work without a license so long as it's under $1,000.