Can we talk over the phone. Texas. I worked 5 years no pay…

Customer Question
Can we talk over...

Can we talk over the phone

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I worked 5 years no pay

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/12/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

I was asked by a childhood friend to look after his 87yr old mother as he lived in dallas and I live two houses away from her, I took care of the upkeep of her house car and anything she needed was there when she was ill in the hospital and at her home spent every day for five yrs caring for her and taking her everywhere she needed to go. she had told me and several others in our town/church that she wanted to leave me her house in return for all the work I had done for her she passed away before making any arrangements on compensating me, I am curious if there is anyway I may put a lien on the house to be compensated for the work and care I gave?

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

Thanks so much for your considerable patience on this. For whatever reason, the system deleted your question and I had to hunt for it to get it back. I am so so sorry. Bear with me a moment while I type up your answer.

I'm sorry to hear about that. You could make the argument that there was an implied contract with her that you would be left the home in exchange for your services. As a result, you could act as a creditor against the estate and bring a lawsuit for breach of contract if you can't get anything from the estate's closure.

A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?